The human body is made of many interdependent systems that work together to help you get through your day. Likewise, many components go into providing continuing education materials for your association’s training courses.
Here is the anatomy of association training materials:
- Printed training materials are like the cardiovascular system—they are the lifeblood of your training program. Course books, learning guides and exams are at the heart of helping members learn and retain information presented in your classes. Many studies support the idea that reading printed materials is a better match for deep, intensive reading of important information.
- Formatting and design are part of the process and can be represented by the respiratory system. Good design and sleek formatting breathe life into content, making it easier to read with a proper flow and clean appearance. Branding is consistent when colors, logos and other elements are handled by the same organization that puts your materials on press.
- Online training materials are akin to the nervous system. Do your learners have a trigger finger, ready to tap on a smartphone or a computer mouse to receive your training content? If so, the content should be available there, where they spend so much of their time already.
- Physical digital media (CDs, DVDs, and USBs) are the digestive system. Learners can take home a USB, plug it in and read content on a screen without having to connect to the internet. This gives them an opportunity to really “take in” the information you presented in class, on their own time, on their own device.
- Order fulfillment is best represented by the muscular system, and not just because it takes strength to move boxes of course books from our warehouse to your course site. Bringing your printed materials to your learners takes strength of a different kind, too—robust order systems that can handle the kind of customization each and every association deserves. Smaller muscle groups do important work, too, like kitting services, to make life easier for your instructors.
- Inventory management is the skeletal system. Imagine rows and rows of metal shelving, where printed training materials are managed, and you’ll understand why a skeleton is the image behind inventory. Managing your inventory in your office, while it becomes overrun with boxes stacked in every corner of floor space available, is a drag. When you trust a printing partner with the task, you’ll lose the hassle without giving up control. With reports available to you 24/7, you’ll know the score.
Association training is a complex series of systems that, together, help your training program run smoothly and efficiently, just like the human body does. If the systems that help you deliver continuing education training content have been less than healthy lately, reach out to Omnipress for a consultation. We’ll have you back in tip-top shape in no time!