Published: March 16, 2017
The Project Manager is responsible for managing customer projects, serving as a primary contact to external and internal customers. Assuring that all customer expectations are met or exceeded in a cost effective and timely manner. Acting as customer advocate in all product teams to assure a continuing focus on customer satisfaction and product improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and plan schedules for customer projects serving as a liaison between customers, product team members, and team leads to assure:
- Production goes according to customer need.
- Work moves through the team efficiently and within budget.
- Customer projects deliver on time.
- Receive customer projects and enter into production. Includes the following in accordance with company policies and procedures:
- Create job tickets and keep them updated with accurate information.
- Generate quotes and purchase orders as required.
- Gather and confirm project specifications and price.
- Understand customer needs and recommend ways our products and services can benefit end users needs.
- Receive questions and concerns from external and internal customers; troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Take customer service and support to continually higher levels of performance.
- Assist with the control of loss and spoilage in the team. Emphasize the need for quality in the work performed and spot check the work done by the team members.
- Collaborate with team members in pro-actively seeking new and better ways to perform job tasks.
- Work with leadership to develop and improve processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, but is not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; or combination of related education and experience.
- Proficient in MS-Word, MS-Excel, Acrobat, email software, Windows operating systems.
- Experience with HTML text editor software and graphic/photo editing software required.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to balance multiple projects, while making quick decisions through trouble-shooting.
- Ability to work cross-functionally through the company.
- Experience with cross-media products, print and digital
- Familiarity with MAC OS environment a plus.
- Experience with planning and/or designing print or web-based projects.
- Familiarity with databases.
- Familiarity with xml.
- Reading, writing, and calculating
- Interpersonal skills
- Work with minimal supervision
Personal computer, phone, calculator, Microsoft Office Suite, OMS
Light work (lift 10 lbs): Occasional – Office equipment and supplies
Medium work (lift 15-25 lbs): Occasional – Boxes of manuals, books, etc.