Published: March 16, 2017
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for assisting the development team in building and improving Omnipress’ product suite and transferring that knowledge to the digital project technicians. They will also assist in preparing customer-supplied material for final distribution of digital products while serving as a technical resource to provide product solutions that meet customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and assist Omnipress’ digital project technicians on how to build and provide technical support for products within the digital product suite.
- Serve as technical contact for internal questions and customer development requests regarding the design of Omnipress' digital product suite.
- Create and maintain internal technical documentation.
- Assist with budgetary estimates for development requests.
- Contribute to Omnipress digital product initiatives and strategy.
- Collaborate with other developers to assist with projects and provide mentorship.
- Anticipate risks, issues, and roadblocks and proactively communicate them to the team.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Work in a CMS, creating HTML interfaces, HTML pages, and indices using customer supplied content for online distribution and output to CD, DVD, & USB.
- Review and test production builds.
- Assist with projects requiring HTML conversion and/or formatting.
- Communicate with Project Manager to:
- Ensure that changes in project specifications are clearly understood.
- Provide suggestions on ways to enhance the customer’s project.
- Develop methods to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Assist with design and development of modern themes for Omnipress' digital product suite.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, but is not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma; secondary education or certification preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with a CMS (e.g. WordPress, Drupal).
- Demonstrated curiosity for technology.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology.
- Working Knowledge of Grep and familiarity with regular expressions.
- Experience with graphic/photo editing software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Familiarity with both Windows and MAC environments.
- Familiarity with PHP, database management, and e-commerce.
- XML Experience.
- Familiarity with JQuery.
- Adobe Acrobat/Plug-ins/Batch processes
- Experience designing wireframes and themes for the web.
- Familiar with developer tools and processes including GIT, JIRA, and Agile.
- Software Q&A.
- Experience running a local server or virtual machine.
- Reading, writing, and calculating
- Interpersonal skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Creative design skills
- Work collaboratively
- Ability to self-teach
- Personal computer, phone, calculator, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Create suite, product development software
Light work (lift 10 lbs): Occasional – Office equipment and supplies