Print Press & Bindery Operator
Published: March 16, 2017
The Print Press & Bindery Operator is responsible for producing print and digital products according to specifications and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of equipment for printing, finishing and shipping within production standards according to quality, rate of speed and waste.
- Understand and follow instructions and specifications communicated on the job ticket.
- Complete quality control procedures on each project.
- Communicate production schedules, project status updates and project specifications with team members.
- Maintain equipment according to company guidelines.
- Complete training hazardous communications, forklift operations, lockout/tagout and company safety program. Safety regulations must be abided by at all times.
- Communicate ideas, concerns and problems to leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, but is not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Effective communication, both verbally and written
- Experience with cross-media products, print and digital
- Reading, writing, and calculating
- Interpersonal skills
- Work with minimal supervision
Personal computer, phone, calculator, press and bindery equipment
Light work (lift up to 10 lbs): Frequent – Office equipment and supplies, manuals, books, etc.
Medium work (lift 15-25 lbs): Frequent – Boxes and stacks of manuals, books, etc.
Heavy work (lift 25-50 lbs): Occasional – Pallets
Other physical requirements: standing for long periods of time, up to 10 hours