Inside Sales Representative
Published: March 16, 2017
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for understanding client needs for educating members and sell solutions that will include multiple products. Responsible for acquiring new business and manage existing accounts. New client acquisition will result from frequent (50%-70% of time) prospecting. Existing account management includes growing existing accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting and Business Building
- Prospect (50% -70% of total time) to acquire new business.
- Work with VP of Sales to create a prospecting plan to achieve new-business objectives. Execute established plan.
- Expertly provide educational content solutions in print, static digital media (CDs, USB sticks), and online.
- Ability to collaborate with Product Managers and company leaders to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Ensure a smooth customer transition from sales team to project team and then back into the selling process.
- Meet or exceed established new-business objectives.
- Managing accounts
- Identify opportunities for growth and purse long term relationships.
- Maintain appropriate client contacts and develop strong client relationships. Be accountable for client growth, retention and loyalty.
- Issue detailed client proposals and manage critical client information.
- Maintain accurate and up to date contact records, and manage vital client input.
- Interface with clients on post job follow up calls, gathering critical client feedback, outlining areas for improvement and identifying future opportunities.
- Responsible for initiating client financial terms based on established guidelines and policies.
- Participate in our continuous improvement process as an advocate for client needs and owner of the client relationship.
- Meet or exceed established business goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, but is not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- 1-3 year experience with Business-to-Business selling experience calling on executives in medium to large profession offices in the competitive publishing market
- Experience with Microsoft Windows applications including Word & Excel
- A moderate understanding of mobile devices
- Comfort with continued learning of new software platforms.
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
- Work well individually and collaboratively
- Effective at identifying and solving problems
· Proven ability in building relationships and networking
- Strong business acumen (understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance)
- Experience in the Association, Meeting, or Training industry
- Reading, writing, and calculating
- Interpersonal skills
- Work with minimal supervision
Personal computer, phone, calculator, Microsoft Office Suite, Product development software
Light work (lift 10 lbs): Occasional – Office equipment and supplies