Front End Developer
Published: March 16, 2017
The Front End Developer is responsible for designing and developing wireframes and themes for Omnipress' digital product suite including customer's online event libraries and publications, Magento storefronts, and mobile conference app. They will also assist in maintaining the Omnipress.com website and be a resource for digital UX planning and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop fresh and modern themes for Omnipress' digital product suite.
- Assist with projects requiring HTML conversion and/or formatting.
- Maintain the Omnipress.com web site with direction from the Marketing team.
- Train and assist Omnipress’ Digital Project Technicians on how to build and provide technical support for products within the digital product suite.
- Technical contact for internal questions and customer development requests regarding the design of Omnipress' digital product suite.
- Create and maintain internal technical documentation.
- Assist with budgetary estimates for development requests.
- Contribute to Omnipress digital product initiatives and strategy.
- Collaborate with other developers, when appropriate, to assist with projects and provide mentorship.
- Anticipate risks, issues, and roadblocks and proactively communicate them to the team.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, but is not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience designing wireframes and themes for the web
- Familiar with developer tools and processes including GIT, JIRA, and Agile
- Software Q/A
- Experience with content management systems, e-commerce stores, and mobile apps
- Experience running a local server or virtual machine
- Reading, writing, and calculating
- Interpersonal skills
- Work with minimal supervision
Personal computer, phone, calculator, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Create suite, product development software
Light work (lift 10 lbs): Occasional – Office equipment and supplies