Digital Marketing Strategist
Published: March 16, 2017
The Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for helping the company achieve its growth goals through cost-effective digital marketing programs that generate high quality sales leads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement comprehensive digital marketing plans across all of our paid, earned and owned channels that achieve overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with Creative Strategy Manager to conduct ongoing campaign optimization and testing based on analytics and insights.
- Take responsibility for the performance and cost-effectiveness of each of our digital channels; specifically:
- Pay-per-click campaigns (adwords, retargeting, pre-roll ads): Ongoing keyword, ad, and bid optimization; identify opportunities for program expansion and enhancements
- Website: optimize our web properties (website, blog, landing pages) for both search engines and lead conversion
- Marketing automation: Using Pardot, develop, execute, monitor and optimize lead and customer nurturing campaigns
- Data and analytics: Provide insights on marketing and sales performance and resulting opportunities using our various analytical tools; set and track measurable objectives and KPIs
- Work across all departments, including marketing, sales, project management, product development and leadership teams to prioritize strategies, ensure consistency and uncover new opportunities.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our customers and their online behaviors, as well as our competitive marketplace.
- Stay ahead of current and emerging digital marketing trends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, but is not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience leading and implementing digital lead generation programs
- Proven experience delivering measurable results with Google and Bing adwords campaigns, including CPC adjustments, ad improvement, short and long-tail keyword research, using negative keywords, A/B testing and competitive research
- Proven experience delivering measurable results with lead nurturing campaigns and email list management
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms; previous experience with Pardot is a plus
- Experience tracking and interpreting data from Google Analytics and other data sources into meaningful insights
- Demonstrated experience optimizing websites for both search engines and lead conversion
- Familiarity with web design best practices and HTML
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong relationship management, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups
- Has a passion for digital communication, marketing, and trends
- A strong communicator with an ability to articulate complex topics simply and succinctly
- Reading, writing, and calculating
- Interpersonal skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Personal computer, phone, calculator, Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce.com, Pardot
Light work (lift 10 lbs): Occasional – Office equipment and supplies
Minimal; training and education sessions when necessary